Art for art’s sake, money for God’s sake.
— Simon Raven
Sometimes providing a costing for an editing project can be like suggesting the length of a piece of string. Each job is different, requiring varying levels of intervention. With this in mind, the prices below should be considered a guideline only. Once I’ve seen a sample of your work I will be better placed to advise you.
- Proofreading — £6.00 per 1,000 words (students £5 per 1,000)
- Copy-editing — £12.00–£20.00 per 1,000 words
- Script reading — £75.00 per 30 minutes of running time
Wherever possible, I’m happy to discuss an hourly rate or flat fee.
how to COMMISSION my services:
- Complete the contact form outlining your requirements (and, if applicable, attaching an extract of no more than 3,000 words of your work).
- I will advise you of a quote for the project and a time estimate.
- On acceptance of the quote and the Terms & Conditions, I will send an invoice and payment details. Any fee of £250 or less is payable in advance. Half of any fee over £250 is payable in advance.
- Once in receipt of payment I will get to work on your project.
- When the project has been completed I will return it to you with the final invoice (if applicable).
Payment is generally by bank transfer or for convenience you can pay through PayPal below. Please read my Terms & Conditions before making payment.